This year, we have seen the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Megan Markle.
|I sat at home, like many other Australians, but I was watching on my computer and screen-printing each different angle that they showed of the gown.||
About 10pm I headed off to work and spent three hours Saturday night designing and pattern making the bodice (from a basic block pattern) and doing a first toille. On Sunday I made a 2nd toille found fabric, tulle and lace. I adjusted a basic gore skirt pattern so that the seams and darts lined up with the bodice. I altered the pattern to be narrower through the hips, flared it out at the bottom and added a train. Sunday afternoon I cut out all the pattern pieces and then stitched it all up that night.
|The fabric I used was a delustred satin. It took about 15 hours to get it to the point where I could put it on a mannequin or do a photoshoot and have it look finished (and about another 5 to actually finish completely).|
I also made a veil to vaguely resemble Megan’s late Sunday night early Sunday morning.
I enjoyed getting back into the pattern making and design side of my business and look forward to doing some more projects and designing in the near future.
Thank you to the lovely Jess Holder for making herself available for a photo shoot at short notice